Valid Use Cases, Benefits & Differentiators
Use Cases for Archival Software
- Relocate production data that is no longer transactable to a history database
- Remove any data from production that is confirmed to be no longer needed
- Move data from retired/de-commissioned applications to hadoop or other big data platforms
- Limit the on-going data growth of any enterprise application
- Archive & catalog historical data for easy search & reporting
- Control the continuous need to increase hardware and disk space cost
- Allow users to access history data within an Oracle/SAP/ERP responsibility.
- Improve (and/or control) performance of production transactional processing.
- Improve (and/or control) performance needed for month end/quarter end and year end close cycles.
- Improve performance on backups, cloning & upgrades
Benefits of data archiving
- Save 40 to 70% in time & cost
- Reduce (and/or control) cost associated with maintaining non-production environments
- Reduce the time needed to perform refreshes from Production to other environments
- Retain the ability to view data and run reports on historical data to meet business needs.
- A certified, automated mechanism to remove or relocate data
- Retain same look and feel as current user interface on production environment.
- Retain current maintenance/support by using a certified business partner tool.
- Provide end users with the same high level of production support.
- Reduced manual effort
- Repeatable, Scalable & Agile process
- User-friendly screens, with a humanized UI
- No-code / Low-code approach
- Pay-as-you-use pricing model
- Cloud first, ease of use archive management system
- No-code / low-code approach to cloud archive storage
- 9000 ready-to-use adapters for assessment, archival & purging
- Fully certified archival for Oracle & SAP products
- Easily configurable
- Highly scalable archive management system
- Built-in historical object archival dependencies
- Reconciliation of archived data
- Cataloging archived data
- Workflows for data review & approval before purging
- Parallel processing