Case Study: Oracle JD Edwards to SAP ECC 6 and S/4HANA Data Migration (Automotive Industry)
Presentation on the solution - 15 Min
Live Demonstration of the solution - 25 Min
Question & Answers - 20 Min
Feb 27, 2018 | 1:30 PM EST
One of the largest automotive industries in Michigan wanted to convert all their current ERP systems globally into SAP ECC6. One of the major source applications used in Europe was JD Edwards. Some of the target business modules covered include: SAP FICO, MM, SD, and PP.
Major challenges in this project were:
1. Establishing a template-based approach for their data migration to facilitate phased rollouts.
2. Harmonizing and consolidating master data. Data cleansing was a big unknown factor.
3. Reducing cutover time below 48 hours.
4. Reconciliation between source and transformed data in the data mart and between data mart and target system.
5. Traditional data migration techniques were inadequate.
The Chain-Sys Platform's appMIGRATETM was chosen to migrate Oracle JDEdwards data into SAP ECC after a complete and thorough review.
appMIGRATETM is a SAP-certified solution with predefined templates for extraction, loading and data mapping. Chain-Sys offers 200+ ready-to-use Data Object Mappings (Extract and Load). appMIGRATETM enabled this large automotive company to create a repeatable and scalable approach to data migration for all their source applications, including JD Edwards.
Thiyagu Rathinam - Project Manager and Delivery Head